Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Shannen's After Thoughts.

Happy Wednesday everyone! I am not even sure how one is suppose to know the words to describe how my spring break was.. so I will just say some of the words that come to mind.

Guatemala is beyond beautiful. Life there is just simple. Life is hard, but so simple and filled with much faith. The transition from being on a mission trip in Guatemala and coming back home is difficult.. but for me I headed from Guatemala straight back to college. Where people constantly are saying they are "poor" and that they need this and need that -- I'm not saying that is never me, because we are all guilty of being greedy at times. But it is hard trying to get back into the college life schedule.


















GOD IS GOOD, ALL THE TIME. ALL THE TIME, GOD IS GOOD. 
I don't understand how there is so much poverty in the world, and probably never will. If I could do anything in the world, it would be to help every single people in the world. Who's with me?

My relationship with God has strengthen tremendously during my time in Guatemala and I pray this continues. He has blessed with a absolutely wonderful family and friends. As I was in Guate I met so many children, adults and elders. And every time I saw them all I could think of was, "What if I was born here? What if I was this person?" Take a moment to think about that. 
The people of Guatemala that I helped are very poor and they look at us as rich. But because of this trip, I have realized those "poor people" that everyone labels are the richest people inside; especially because of their faith in God, though they have many struggles.
 


"Be the change you wish to see in the world"
Take a moment to be thankful. To be thankful for the clean water you drank today, for the food that you probably tossed away today, for the closet full of clothes that was hard to decide what to wear today, for the bed you have to sleep in, for the job you have whether you enjoy it or not... be thankful for every single thing in life. 
 Spending my spring break helping people in poverty was thee best decision of my life -- it was not easy by all means but it was well worth it. (A HUGE thank you to Jeremy and Andrea Gibbs) As everyone of us that went on this trip can say also I'm sure, this trip was life changing. But it is not over... honestly I will take those ten days with me wherever I go throughout my life.


God blessed me with many new friendships and two great new "brothers," PJ Anderson and Jimmy Mitchell... you both are such great role models. Thank you to all of you who read our blog and prayed for us. The prayers are truly appreciated. If you have even the slightest interest in going on a mission trip, do it.
  Don't forget to say your prayers before bed tonight, because God is good  :)

-Shannen Dietz

No comments:

Post a Comment