Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Maggee's After Thoughts


      After being in the beautiful country of Guatemala for one week, I realized the true beauty of our earth and the people inhabiting it. Every view I saw, whether I was looking out from the top of a mountain or down the street in San Lucas, was breathtaking. The seven days God took to create this amazing world for us were days well spent. Seeing the mountains, volcanoes, and everything else in Guatemala reminded me how much our Lord loves and cares for us. If he can create a world as beautiful as ours, he can do anything.
      God's presence and strength was not just seen in the land surrounding us, but in every person I met. Despite having nothing in the eyes of Americans, the Guatemalans have everything. They are the happiest people I have ever met. Every person I came into contact with said buenos to us, smiled, and showed their appreciation for our presence. While taking a walk with Hallie one afternoon, a young boy was working at his father's store. He did not appear to be annoyed that he had to spend his afternoon selling clothes. He showed us a shirt he had embroidered after learning from his mom. He was so proud of his work and ecstatic to show it off to us. Talking to him made me realize how beautiful life his if one just takes what he is given and makes the most of it.
      Not only were the Guatemalan's beautiful people, but so were all of the people who took this life-changing journey with me. From Q&A in the van with Jimmy to joking around at meals, every moment I spent with them was amazing. Every single person taught me so much about how to live my life, deepen my faith, and strengthen my relationship with our Lord. I am truly blessed to have been able to experience this adventure with such and amazing group of girls and insightful leaders.
      Thank you to everyone who supported me, prayed for me, and sent donations with me for the mission. I will never forget this trip and the people I was with.

Maggee Becker

No comments:

Post a Comment