Thursday, March 13, 2014

Adoration

Last night we were able to be present with our Lord during Eucaristic Adoration. About 50 high school and college students gathered in the library which we transformed into an adoration chapel. We were able to pray through song, scripture readings, rosary and silent reflection. It was a powerful hour for all present. 
As I kneeled there, with my arms raised in praise to God singing at the top of my lungs surrounded by these amazing students I couldn't help but be proud. They are such a great group if teens. Nell was curled up on my lap trying to sleep as Fr John led us in prayer and again I cried because these are the life experiences that I want my children to have- falling asleep on a concrete floor of a dirty library surrounded by teens praying with a priest that will God willing, some day be a saint. It was a powerful and beautiful night and I am forever grateful to Katie, the long term volunteer coordinator here for helping to make this happen. 
Jesus, Mary and Joseph pray for us! 

Andrea 

P.S. I have tried face timing every night Jerm but the internet doesn't seem to work at night here. We miss you and love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment